Analog Bits Announces Analog IP Availability on Samsung Technologies
Company to present differentiating, low power analog foundation IP and SERDES technology at Samsung Foundry SAFE Forum 2020
- Portfolio of clocking, sensor, I/O and SERDES IP available on 32LP, 28LPP, 28FDSOI, 14LPP, 8LPP, 7LPP, 5LPE technologies to be presented at the Samsung Foundry SAFE Forum 2020 on October 28
- The challenges and requirements of AI chip design as well as application of SERDES technology in consumer and enterprise markets will be discussed, with a focus on the clocking, sensor, I/O and SERDES IP offered by Analog Bits
San Jose, California, October 28, 2020 – Analog Bits announced a comprehensive and differentiating foundation analog IP portfolio today on multiple Samsung Foundry technologies, including 32LP, 28LPP, 28FDSOI, 14LPP, 8LPP, 7LPP, 5LPE. The offering includes:
- Low power PLL
- PCIe reference clock
- Chip-to-chip I/O
- Clock TX/RX
- OSC pads
- PVT sensor
- Power supply glitch detectors
- High lane count, low power, multi-protocol SERDES optimized for PCIe protocol
Alan Rogers, president and CTO at Analog Bits, presented “PCIe SERDES - Gen4/5 Enterprise Class SERDES and Lowest Power Gen3/4 Automotive and Consumer SERDES in Samsung 28nm to 7nm Processes”. The presentation covered:
- PCI Express SERDES Markets Needs
- Consumer and Enterprise
- Analog Bits SERDES Capabilities and Application Use
- Low Power Full-Rate Architecture for Consumer Markets
- High Performance Half-Rate Architecture for Enterprise Market
- Silicon Results of PCIe Gen5
- Collaboration and IP Availability at Samsung
Mahesh Tirupattur, executive vice president at Analog Bits, presented “Differentiated Low Power Analog Foundation IP – A Key Differentiator of AI SoCs” as well. The presentation covered:
- Example of an AI Chip
- Challenges and Requirement Needs of AI Chips
- Capabilities Needed from Analog Foundation IPs
- Analog Bits Analog Foundation IP offering in FinFET
- Partnership with Samsung
“Samsung is proud to be working with Analog Bits for ten years,” said Jongshin Shin, Vice President of IP Development Team at Samsung Electronics. “Their quality and reputation for collaborative business practices have helped Samsung Foundry’s customers to succeed in the marketplace.”
“Samsung is a long-term, trusted partner for Analog Bits,” said Alan Rogers, president and CTO of Analog Bits. “Mahesh and I look forward to presenting the details of our differentiating IP portfolio for their processes at SAFE Forum 2020.”
Details of the Samsung SAFE Forum 2020 can be found here.
About Analog Bits
Founded in 1995, Analog Bits, Inc. (www.analogbits.com), is the leading supplier of mixed-signal IP with a reputation for easy and reliable integration into advanced SOCs.
Products include precision clocking macros such as PLLs & Sensors programmable interconnect solutions such as multi-protocol SERDES and programmable I/O’s as well as specialized Sensors.
With billions of IP cores fabricated in customer silicon, from 0.35-micron to 5-nm processes, Analog Bits has an outstanding heritage of "first-time-working” with foundries and IDMs.
Watch our Executive Vice President Mahesh Tirupattur present his paper on PCIe/CXL Gen 5 low latency SERDES in Samsung's advanced process of 8LPP.
Analog Bits to Present Papers, Demo of N5 Working Silicon, and Roadmap on IPs for TSMC N4 and N3 Processes
Company to present two technical papers on N5 IPs, demonstrating working Silicon of Foundation IPs Including PLLs, Sensors and IO’s Showcases Significant & Broad PPA Benefits of N5 Technology at 2021 TSMC Open Innovation Platform® (OIP) Ecosystem Forum